Tuesday, April 5, 2011

31 Weeks and Counting!!

So I am 31 weeks now! Tomorrow I will be exactly 2 months from my due date! The time is approaching and Jeremy and I are ready for Paisley to get here.  We are taking a marriage and family class right now and it is coming at the perfect time.  As one of the assignments for the class we are suppose to read the book "Love and Respect" written by Dr. Emerson Eggrichs.  It just so happens that a local church around here is hosting a marriage conference this Friday night and all day Saturday put on by Dr. Emerson and his wife, Sarah, about love and respect so Jeremy and I asked our teacher if we could go to the conference instead of reading the book.  We probably will eventually read the book, but we thought the conference could be a lot more fun.  We are looking forward to it.  We have been talking a lot about needing to focus on our marriage before Paisley gets here and we feel like this is one of the ways the Lord is helping us to do that.  We do not have much time left before she comes and we want to cherish the time the we have together as just us.  I am sure Paisley will bring more joy into our lives than we could ever imagine, so I am not say she will be a burden or anything like that, but Biblically speaking the husband/wife relationship is a much closer bond.  We have been learning a lot about how to love each other in our Marriage and Family class and we want Paisley to see that we love each other and to grow up knowing that.  Our teacher, Harold Holeman, is in his upper 70s and he has so much wisdom to share about the husband/wife relationship.  We love to hear him talk about his sweet wife and we can see how much he loves her.  He is such a servant to her. He also gives a lot of good and sometimes humorous quotes.  Like today he said, "Arguing with your wife is like trying to blow out a light bulb. There's no use for it and it never really works." Jeremy and I just looked at each other and laughed. Our prayer is that we will grow closer as a couple and deeper in love with each other before Paisley arrives.  Our marriage is not perfect, but as we both submit ourselves to Christ's authority, He will conform us into His image and help us to love and care for each other.  We want the love of Christ to be evident in our lives and for our sweet daughter to see his love in us both for her and for each other.  Love you all!!  

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, Mandy, and following your growth...in Christ, in your marriage, and with Paisley! This post is especially impressive to me. I have a dear friend who is struggling in her marriage...I want to get that book for her! Thanks for sharing.
    Love, Sue Burke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are in our family. Thank you for loving my son. You are a true blessing to Ronny and I.

    ReplyDelete